Midlife Crisis Survey ResultsJun 24, 2020
During 2020 we made the Midlife Quiz available for the public to complete.
The results are still coming in as we continue to make this important tool available for midlifers, but I wanted to share a few preliminary results.
And I can tell you, the results are very enlightening.
I'll get straight to the point.
Who Took It?
- 90% were between 35 and 55 years of age.
- 76% of survey respondents said they were male.
- 76% agreed that they frequently argued with themselves - jumping between 'yes I should do this' and 'no, what's the point.' Another 5% said they sometimes do this.
- 81% said that they sometimes or frequently have trouble making decisions as well as they used to ... they're problems now seem harder to solve.
- 71% said that they sometimes or often think things that disturb them - and wonder if they've been going crazy.
- And one of the biggest symptoms of this is seems to be increased anger, with 71% saying that either they or others have noticed greater frequency of angry outbursts.
Feeling in Control of Your Future
86% said that they don't feel in control of their future, and that it feels like they are drifting through life.
67% said that they felt trapped, with few choices.
As you might expect, that meant that 76% of respondents said that their stress was constantly at a level of AT LEAST 7 out of 10.
The Good News
Some good news from the survey shows that 62% either hadn't made up their mind yet or were still feeling optimistic about the future. This is good news, that despite the challenges, people are still hopeful that things will improve.
This is good news because it means that those people are likely to continue to look for solutions to their problems and may seek help.
Big Changes Needed
Most people are recognizing that change is needed in their lives. They are recognizing that continuing to do what they've been doing will yield the same results.
- 43% said they were looking to or had made significant changes in physical appearance, and 38% said they were considering extreme body changes.
- Despite the economic difficulties around the place, 71% were considering walking away from their job, and
- 76% said they were considering a major life transition in career, relationship or living location.
Looking Forward, Not Back Is Key:
Not surprising to me, but perhaps maybe for others is how much survey respondents were looking in the rear-view mirror for answers.
- 62% said that they think about the past often or a lot. This increased to 90% when including those who said 'sometimes'.
- 40% said they often looked back at what old friends, partners were up to.
- 53% said they had no clear vision for what they wanted or were working towards, and another 30% said they didn't think it matters and would wait and see.
A Lack of Goals To Make It Happen
And lastly, these results reflect in what people are practically doing and not doing to move forward with their life.
- 71% said they had no clear goals written down.
Is That You?
If and of that sounds like you, then obviously you are not alone.
Midlife is a significant time of change, and few of us are equipped to handle it well.
Where to Start
If you haven't taken the quiz, you can still do so:
Here is the link to get started.
Do make sure you click the confirmation email to make sure you get all the survey results and the solutions tailored to your answers.
After that, I do recommend digging deeper into how we get into midlife confusion, and what the blueprint is for getting out. You can take that all in through the Midlife Masters Webinar replay which is still available.
Click the link to view available times: Midlife Crisis Webinar
There is only so much that getting more knowledge will do for you. At some point, you'll need to speak to a human. Someone who will listen and adapt to your unique story to provide you with the support you need to plot a path forward.
The best way to do that is to grab a free 30 minute discovery call (I call them 'Virtual Coffees') with me, face to face online with Zoom.
Here is the link to view available times and book my calendar:
Book a Virtual Coffee with Coach Guy.
Hope to speak with you very soon,
Is today the day to start change for you?
Don't put it off another day.
Book a free confidential consultation 1 on 1 with Coach Guy.
No strings, no judgement, just clarity over your next steps.
You'll be glad you did, GUARANTEED!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason. Our reputation depends on it.